Wednesday, June 3, 2009

home sweet home

After only 33 hours at the new Intermountain Medical Center in Murray Marie and I retuned home to Springville Tuesday afternnon. Jamie Lundberg (thanks Jamie!) came over Sunday night so that she could get Joel up and off to BYU soccer camp by 7:30 (Will went with Joel to watch--thanks to neighbor Catrina Jensen for doing that). Sarah then spent the morning at the Bowers family. Grandma and grandpa Tueller came that afternoon and stayed with the kids until we returned on Tuesday. Marie and I drove up for our 5:30 appointment. As dad mentioned I was very touched by Dr. Bishoff's prayer prior to surgery. On Sunday Evening my two counsellors came over to give me a blessing. That along with being on the top of mom's prayer list (sorry Bob--I hope you get a job soon) and having the collective prayers of the Emmett and Tueller families and the 18th ward seemed to do the job. I had considered staying a second night but then when Marie talked to her mom and we found out that Will had a tempertaure and was not doing very well we decided to come home. It was a good decision. Will needed his mom and I slept much better in my own bed than with having talkative nurses come in to my hospital room every two hours during the night. I am typing this standing up because I'm not to sit upright in chairs for any length of time and because I am suppose to stand and walk a lot to avoid blood clots. I will have the cathater in for two weeks and so will not be driving or doing much until then. I am pretty sore across the stomach where the five small incisions were made, but other than that I am on the mend and doing well.


  1. Well, a man's got to stand for something or he'll fall for anything. Glad to hear you're home.

  2. I'm in no rush to get back to the top of the prayer roll. You're a tough kid. Let us know when you're ready to do the polka around the back yard!

  3. Glad to hear you and the family are well taken care of. Keep up the positive vibes.